Luciano Lamberti - Associate Professor
Competencies and research activities
- Interferometric techniques (speckle, moiré and holography) are applied to stress/strain analysis of electronic components, biological specimens and industrial components, reconstruction of 3-D shape of objects, evaluation of thermal distortions and residual stresses, identification of constitutive behavior of materials with high nonlinearities (e.g. biological membranes).
- Nanosciences: nanolography, roughness measurement with nonconventional illumination (e.g. evanescent fields), measurement of strains of crystalline arrays (at dislocation level).
- Gradient-based (SLP, SQP and modified feasible directions) and metaheuristic optimization algorithms (simulated annealing, harmony search, big bang-big crunch, firefly algorithm, heat transfer search) have been developed for sizing and layout optimization of large-scale skeletal structures, preliminary design of liquid hydrogen tank, and hybrid methodologies for mechanical characterization of materials (composites, biotissues, cells).
Collaborations with companies and institutions
*** Collaborations with academy and research institutes
- 2001-2009: Department of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology (USA) (Prof. Cesar A. Sciammarella)
- 2011-2012: Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Pennsylvania State University (University Park, USA) (Prof. Aklesh Lakhtakia)
- 2010-2013: School of Engineering, University of Warwick (Coventry, UK) (Prof. K.K. Liu)
- 2009 to present: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northern Illinois University (Dekalb, USA), (Profs. Cesar A. Sciammarella and Federico M. Sciammarella
- 2009 to present: Istituto di Fisica, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma (Profs. M. De Spirito and M. Papi;
- 2009 to present: Dipartimento di Scienze Ginecologiche Ostetriche e Scienze Urologiche, "Università La Sapienza" (Prof. R. Brunelli)
- 2009 to present: Istituto di Farmacologia Traslazionale, Italian National Research Council, Roma (Dr. T. Parasassi)
- 2010 to present: Department of Chemistry and Physics - University of Southeastern Louisiana (Hammond, USA) (Prof. S. Yoshida)
- 2011 to present: Department of Civil Engineering, Dicle University, Diyarbakir (Turkey) (Prof. S.0. Degertekin)
- 2015 to present: Dipartimento di Tecnica e Gestione dei Sistemi Industriali, Università degli Studi di Padova - Department of Engineering Design and Materials, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim (Norway) - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Aalto University, Helsinki (Finland) (Prof. F. Berto and Dr. P. Gallo)
*** Industrial research activities developed in cooperation with Leonardo Finmeccanica (formerly Alenia Aeronautica), Centro Ricerche Fiat, Magneti Marelli etc. The activities regard finite element analysis and optimization of aeronautical components, shape measurement and quality control, mechanical characterization of materials.